SID OUTREACH TEAM
Each year the SID’s Outreach Team help hundreds of people downtown access services and move off the streets.
The Outreach Team meets with clients in the office and out on the street to provide a wide range of services including:
- Find temporary or permanent supportive housing.
- Connect clients with physical or mental disabilities with services.
- Link veterans to eligible services.
- Obtain copies of birth certificates and identification cards.
- Help clients with criminal records find work.
- Assist with transportation, utilities, access to the Furniture Bank of Central Ohio, and small household items.
If you see someone that needs help, call or text the SID Hotline at (614) 228-5718.
CARING CONNECTIONS HANDOUT
- If you see someone experiencing homelessness, you can offer them the attached Caring Connections handout with a list of available resources in Downtown Columbus.
- If you’d like to receive printed Caring Connections handouts, please contact the SID Hotline at (614) 228-5718.
- Or you can download the handout: Caring Connections Resources Handout
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Support our homeless outreach efforts, you can donate to the SID online or order items from our Amazon Wishlist.
You can also support other agencies that serve downtown:
By supporting these organizations, you support essential services that assist people in need.